DESCRIPTION: Within the limits set by the Education Code and governing board policies, the Principal is the chief administrative officer of the school and is responsible for every facet of management of the school. Responsible directly to the District Superintendent and ultimately to the Board of Education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience: Must be eligible for the appropriate California Administrator plus four years successful teaching experience. Master’s Degree desirable. Successful administrative experience which would demonstrate exposure to and utilization of required skills, knowledge and abilities in performing job duties and responsibilities. In evaluating experience, recognition will be given to secondary education experience. Service in a variety of administrative capacities at the secondary level is desirable. Record of effective participation in community and professional activities administrative or supervisory experience.
Demonstrated Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Appropriate knowledge of young adolescents and the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs; appropriate knowledge, understanding and skill to effectively deal with responsibilities. Working knowledge, interest and keen sense of fairness with respect to all segments of the specified programs i.e., academics, special programs, athletics, etc.. Ability and understanding with respect to master schedule, evaluation techniques, supervision, curriculum, budget, attendance accounting, school law, and special programs; ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of groups and individuals; capable of maintaining a good public image. Willingness to set a high standard of discipline for students and hold them accountable for their actions.; willingness to set high standards for self, students and staff. Understanding and appreciation for the various special support programs and the value of each toward the total effort.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Directs and guides teachers into creative efforts as they seek better methods of developing the abilities of their students.
2. Directs and supervises the school’s program.
3. Supervises and evaluates the effectiveness of performance of certificated and classified employees.
4. Makes decisions and takes effective action on problems that arise in the task of carrying out the school program.
5. Interprets the school’s educational program to students, staff and the community.
6. Assesses the educational needs of the students and relates them to the curriculum of the school.
7. Develops and prepares the sites budget.
8. Develops and maintains sound personnel procedures and is sensitive to the needs/concerns of the school staff.
9. Represents the school at meetings, conferences and before the public.
10. Responsible for the condition of school facilities and equipment.
[High School Principal – pg. 2]
11. Establishes and maintains a system which will lead to accurate student attendance accounting.
12. Designs the school master schedule and distributes it in a timely manner.
13. Implements and maintains a variety of support programs, i.e. Migrant, ESL, Vocational Education, School Improvement, Outreach, Special Education, Bilingual, Gate, etc..
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Certificated Management
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: 1. Visual capability to read handwritten or typed documents, and the display screen of various office equipment and machines.
2. Able to conduct verbal conversation.
3. Able to hear normal range verbal conversation (approximately 60 decibels).
4. Able to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk for sustained periods of time.
5. Able to climb slopes, stairs, steps and ladders.
6. Able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
7. Able to carry up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
8. Able to operate office machines and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
9. Demonstrate manual dexterity necessary to operate calculator, typewriter and /or computer keyboard at the required speed and accuracy.
10. Able to obtain and maintain a required valid drivers license.
11. Able to drive out of town for meetings, conferences, recruitment, etc.
Welcome to the Palo Verde Unified School District located in sunny Blythe, CA!
Thank you for your interest in joining the PVUSD family. We are proud of the fact that we have talented staff, excellent growth opportunities, and outstanding support. The primary function of PVUSD is to foster our students’ love for learning, encourage them to try new and exciting things, and give them a solid foundation to build on.
Our mission is to enrich, empower and enhance our students’ lives through education.
We are seeking talented individuals who support our vision and strategic plan that encompasses “Improving Learning...Together.”