**Please Note: This is an onsite position located in Fresno, CA**
The PLUS - Personalized Learning Squared project, run by the Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University aims to double the rate of math learning in middle school students, particularly those who have been historically underserved. This project is operated in collaboration with Carnegie Learning and Stanford University and is led by Prof. Ken Koedinger and Shiv Gupta.
Our program features a hybrid tutoring platform that combines human and AI tutoring to deliver personalized learning for each student. We are currently working with 5 school districts in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and California with over a dozen schools on the waitlist. Our team consists of diverse individuals with backgrounds ranging from experienced researchers to high-tech to small startups and we operate in a fast-paced and fun environment.
PLUS is seeking a dedicated and organized Tutoring Site Supervisor to oversee our tutoring program in Fresno, California. As the Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of tutoring sessions, supervising a team of remote and in-person tutors, and creating a positive learning environment for students. This is a part-time position requiring 8-10 hours of work per week. To start with this position will require full-time work on Mondays in Fresno, CA. This is an in-person position.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Supervise a team of tutors, providing guidance, support, and feedback to ensure quality instruction and student engagement.
- Coordinate tutoring sessions, including scheduling, assigning tutors to students, and managing session logistics.
- Develop and implement strategies to assess student needs and monitor their progress, ensuring individualized support and successful outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Head of Partnerships to develop and improve tutoring program policies, procedures, and community.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting student engagement, motivation, and academic growth.
- Address and resolve any student or parent concerns related to tutoring services in a timely and professional manner.
- Address any technical issues or logistical concerns that arise during program delivery at partner schools.
- Maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions, rosters, attendance, and student progress.
- Stay updated with current trends and best practices in education and tutoring, and share relevant information with the team.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and evaluation of in-person tutors.
- Collaborate with other staff members and departments to support student learning and program goals.
Inclusion and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work in a creative, dedicated, driven team, in a collaborative environment committed to technical innovation, inclusion, and work-life balance.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree (can be currently enrolled) or equivalent STAR pathway
- Previous experience in education, tutoring, or supervisory roles is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire tutors and students.
- Ability to work collaboratively and adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Familiarity with iReady, IXL, Mathia or other similar math platforms is a plus.
What We Offer:
- $25/hour starting salary
- Professional development opportunities at CMU
- Chance to work with the world's foremost learning science researchers
- A fun, high-octane team that will work with you every step of the way
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Program, Project and Operations Management
Staff - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance